Deco M5 software problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 software problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 software problem
Deco M5 software problem
2019-07-26 00:01:13 - last edited 2019-07-26 00:30:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Newest

Good evening from the Netherlands, I have 4 Decos (M5) at home, two of which are wired connected with a UTP cable. since the new software update I have problems with the connection. The connection drops out a few times a day. The LED colors then all turn red. When I pull the plug out and put it back in again, the LED turns green again and the internet works again for a few hours. I called the provider and it's not their fault. The incoming connection is good. How can this be solved? Can I go back to the old software? Are there more people with the same problem? Greetings, Joe

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 software problem
2019-07-26 00:28:53

removing the network and resetting does not work either. A hard reset also not unfortunately.

Options
Re:Deco M5 software problem
2019-07-26 02:57:15

@Siyzo1991 

Joe, how do you connect these devices together? Please show us a network topology. 

When the Deco becomes red, please click here to check the IP address and gateway obtained by your computer with it connected to the Deco directly.

To do a comparison analysis, please connect the computer to the modem directly at that time and check its IP and gateway. 

Try to reboot the modem and all Decos to give it a go. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 2

Related Articles