Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-30 05:24:53 - last edited 2019-09-09 11:18:40
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Ok so i was referred to this brand routers because of their firmware. Essentially what im trying to do is create a guest network with limited bandwidth. I was told tp links firmware has an option to do this specifically. Ive tried QoS on my current netgear router but i dont believe it works properly/efficiently. Its also a nuissance trying to track down any new devices that connect to my network by mac address to setup Qos. new projects in dadar

I have a 30 meg plan through my provider. What i want to do is create and limit a guest network so that no matter how many devices are attached they all share a capped (15meg) network. Has anyone done this through their firmware?

Looking through amazon i saw a specific model TC-W7960 (N300) combo modem/router. I emailed the manufacturer directly through their live expert agent option but just received an unhelpful answer. They basically told me that model is only a modem, which it clearly says its not. (The TC-W7960 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with a 300Mbps Wi-Fi router to help you get more from your Internet). Then they just referred me to 10 different model numbers of ONLY routers. I could just get a router but when i saw this combo unit i thought it would be a better choice since my modem is from like 2009. Anyway just wanted to see if i could receive a more helpful answer here since contacting their support agents was just a waste of time. commercial property for sale in pune

Options
1 Reply
Re:Anyone here have experience with TP-link routers?
2019-08-30 07:43:45 - last edited 2019-08-30 07:44:35

Same thread. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/165844 

Meanwhile, it is truly not suggested to just copy the existed thread, if you guys have any questions about TP-Link, just feel free to contact us. 

But please show us something real. We would like to help you customers to solve your issues. 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 1

Related Articles