Port forwarding not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-25 20:16:11 - last edited 2019-09-25 20:21:15
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hello, I am trying to set up port forwarding for windows remote desktop. I have already done that on my old router and everything worked fine, but I struggle with Archer C1200.

I am using windows firewall and Kaspersky Security, I've tried to turn off both, but that didn't help.

Port "3389" is listening on my pc.

My computer is connected via lan right into the router.

Also, I have a static IP address on my computer.

Nothing except the router changed.

This is how my settings look. 

If you need any more info, let me know.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding not working
2019-09-26 05:53:21

@zamecnik 

What is the current internet IP address of the Archer C1200? 

Please ensure that you have enabled remote desktop service on your laptop. Below is the instruction:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028379/windows-10-how-to-use-remote-desktop

Besides, please use the computer in the same network to do the tests below and tell us the results.

A. Use LAN IP+port to test if the service can be accessed from LAN;

B. Use WAN IP+port on LAN PC to test if the port is opened.

Meanwhile, please disable the firewall and anti-virus software on the computer. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-26 16:09:59

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, 

router's IP address is: 192.168.0.1

computer's IP address is: 192.168.0.196 ( static )

remote-desktop is configured fine, have done the same on my another router for render server, that works fine and I connect there from anywhere

-> service can be accessed via LAN and any access point that's connected to the router.

-> service cannot be accessed from wifi that's not connected router, and from mobile data

I am keeping all firewalls and anti-virus software turned off when testing.

Thanks for your time.

Options
2019-09-30 08:56:05

@zamecnik 

Hello, what is the internet IP address of the router? Note the LAN IP.

We need ensure that the internet IP/wan IP is public, not private one. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1843

Replies: 3

Related Articles