Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
73 Reply
Re:Wireless problem with new TL-WDR3600
2013-02-23 07:16:22
Never try to convince a hardboiled and sad Apple fan;). With the next product, they stand up front to spend to much money....:cool:

I use inSSider 2.1 now and it looks good, as it always did.

Regards, Hugo
Options
2013-02-23 07:31:10
Options
2013-02-23 07:54:34
Thanks,will try...looks pretty.
Options
2013-03-02 21:46:27
I got mine last February 26. I have the same issue on mixed 2ghz and 5ghz mode and the wdr 3600 wifi internet connection hangs at least twice a day. Just to further describe the wifi internet problem, my wifi devices can still access the router but it does not have the internet connection. THE LAN PORTS ARE PERFECTLY WORKING and have internet connections and there are no issues whatsoever when this wifi internet problem happens. BTW, I do not have any ipods or ipads and my wifi devices are a mixed of android phones and tablets, and windows pc and laptops using different network adapters. What I am trying to say here is that there is no issue on wifi connectivity as far as my hardware is concerned but the issue lies on operating the wdr3600 on mixed mode frequencies because it loses its internet connection for the wifi devices only. I have more 2,4ghz devices and so for now, I am operating the wdr 3600 wifi frequency only to 2.4 ghz band only and I disabled on the router the 5 ghz band. This is my second day of operating the wdr3600 without hiccups. I hope it stays this way.

I am using Firmware 3.13.26 rel 59449n hardware V1.

I have contacted support and they did not say anything to this issue. I made some research and it seems like their dual band models operatring on wifi mixed mode have issues.

Thanks.
Options
2013-03-02 21:48:33
have you updated to the latest firmware? ahh i see you have well since i updated i have no wireless problems with the apple products using the 2.4Ghz i had a play with the wireless channels and found CH 1 best have you inspected the channels you use with inssider?
Options
2013-03-05 00:52:51
"I got mine last February 26. I have the same issue on mixed 2ghz and 5ghz mode and the wdr 3600 wifi internet connection hangs at least twice a day. Just to further describe the wifi internet problem, my wifi devices can still access the router but it does not have the internet connection. THE LAN PORTS ARE PERFECTLY WORKING and have internet connections and there are no issues whatsoever when this wifi internet problem happens. BTW, I do not have any ipods or ipads and my wifi devices are a mixed of android phones and tablets, and windows pc and laptops using different network adapters. What I am trying to say here is that there is no issue on wifi connectivity as far as my hardware is concerned but the issue lies on operating the wdr3600 on mixed mode frequencies because it loses its internet connection for the wifi devices only. I have more 2,4ghz devices and so for now, I am operating the wdr 3600 wifi frequency only to 2.4 ghz band only and I disabled on the router the 5 ghz band. This is my second day of operating the wdr3600 without hiccups. I hope it stays this way.

I am using Firmware 3.13.26 rel 59449n hardware V1."

I made some testing again with both 2.4 and 5.2 ghz working concurrently and so far it is working for over 36 hours without hiccups. The only thing that I did is mode away my wireless laptop from the router. Previously, the router and the laptop is only less than a meter apart it is like because I am configuring and testing the new router.. It is good now hopefully after placing the laptop in different room.

hope this helps.
Options
2013-03-05 01:17:42
its a known issue with 5Ghz the further you are away and more walls /objects etc to penetrate it is not that strong as the 2Ghz will be. have a read here How to improve the signal strength of my 5GHz wireless connection? http://goo.gl/sbJik
Options
2013-03-05 01:25:08
also have a read of this from tp-link Why can not I access the Internet after connecting the TP-LINK router to my modem http://goo.gl/hQTGm
Options
2013-03-05 18:55:50
I disabled the 5ghz and router works fine now.
The question is: what's the point to have a dual band router if I can't use both radios at the same time? For me it's definitely a issue and MUST be resolved.
Options
2013-03-05 19:42:56
mine works fine in duel band if you are not using the 5Ghz then turn it off no point broadcasting it and saves energy. there are not many devices that are using 5Ghz (apple do) you can buy wireless usb adapters (which i am using) and pci adapters. im sure in the future more devices will support it. in fact it works well as i have tried because it moves away from interference from 2.4Ghz which is over crowded with devices like mobile phones, cordless phones etc.
Options
Related Articles