WDR3600 wireless speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WDR3600 wireless speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WDR3600 wireless speed
WDR3600 wireless speed
2017-03-23 05:07:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have a problem with WDR3600 wif-fi speed. When my laptop is connected to router via ethernet cabel I get 300mbps speed, but when connected on wi-fi I get only 105mbps. Tried few different devices and speed is the same on all of them. Tried 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz but no more than 105 mbps.
Do you have any advice?
Options
1 Reply
Re:WDR3600 wireless speed
2017-03-23 11:07:06
Wireless connection is not as fast as wired. As for WDR3600, the maximum wireless speed could only reach about 300Mbps no matter on the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band.
Even the wireless speed displayed on the status page could reach 300Mbps, it's actually not the real speed displayed when you're downloading. 300Mbps is the speed on the physical layer, when you're downloading, some necessary headers of packets will also take up some bandwidth, causing the actual download speed to be only half of the physical speed or lower due to some interference in the environment.
As for your situation, it's recommended to upgrade a higher-level wireless router which has higher wireless speed.
You could learn something about the WLAN protocols(802.11n&802.11ac) on the tplink's official website. It's just useful for me.

Note: Wireless speed will also be limited by the client devices.If the clients don't support the 802.11ac protocol, its wireless speed will also have a bottleneck even you upgrade a high-end router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 1

Related Articles