Internet/wifi drops with new modem-router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-18 11:10:58 - last edited 2019-10-21 05:43:31
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 170919 Rel.21648

Hello all! Hoping this is the right section of reddit for ask this question:

I have just bought a TpLink modem (model TD-W8961N ), for home, and installed it today.
I configured all my own and it works perfectly for the Speed test and packat lost with ethernet. The first problem is the wifi, i setted all but, sometimes, it does not work anyway, while via ethernet works perfect. The only way to restart the wifi is to restart the modem.

Then i have tried to modify the settings, to configure and let the modem all by defaults, by nothing both problems appear: wifi stop working, or all internet service drops.

P.S. i can confirm that with an other modem, they works perfect and the ADSl is stable with not stop or blocks, so the problems are not the internet isp or the cables.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Internet/wifi drops with new modem-router
2019-10-18 18:50:31 - last edited 2019-10-21 05:43:31
May be channel interference so try a different WIFI channel and channel width. Also be sure the other router is not on if the SSIDs are the same.
Options
Re:Internet/wifi drops with new modem-router
2019-10-21 05:42:09 - last edited 2019-10-21 05:43:31

@Matt96 

We will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it.

1. What is the light status of the TD-W8961N when it goes offline?

2. With your computer or smart phone connected to it at that time, what is the IP address and default gateway it obtained?
Note: How to get them: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

3. Meanwhile, please try to access the web page and take a snapshot of the status page. 
Note: How to login to the web interface:https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/114/

4. Try to change the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance, including wireless channel and channel width.

5. Here is an instruction you can follow to troubleshoot as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2238/

Look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1503

Replies: 2

Related Articles