Archer C2 - What VLAN / Method does it use for Guest Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-19 15:56:13
Model: Archer C2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 5.0 v0032.0 Build 170207 Rel.49213n

Hello,

I use the Archer C2, as an access point in my home. I have obviously disabled things like NAT, DHCP and the like to accomplish this. And my Ethernet cable is using port 1 and not the WAN Port, through a PowerLine adapter. 

For the main part of my home, I have an Unifi Access Point to deliver Wi-Fi. It has my main Wi-Fi 192.168.0.x, and my Guest Network  (192.168.10.x) running on VLAN 10 from my router, an EdgeRouter X.

I have my main Wi-Fi on the Archer C2, but not the guest. And would like the guest wifi. 

What VLAN ID / Method does Guest Wi-Fi use on the Archer C2? I tried enabling it and it just self-assigns an IP Address, so I feel it must be using a VLAN.

Otherwise, how does the Guest Wi-Fi on this router work?

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C2 - What VLAN / Method does it use for Guest Wi-Fi
2019-10-21 02:32:29

@AlbertJ 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

The Archer C2 supports guest network in AP mode, and the IP of connected devices should be assigned by the main router, not the Archer C2 itself. 

You can tell us the IP of the device which connects to the Archer C2's guest network and main network separately. Below is the instruction to verify them: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1009

Replies: 1

Related Articles