Deco App cannot detect my Deco M9 Plus device (AP Mode)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-05 01:40:09 - last edited 2019-11-15 02:28:16

Hi,
Recently i had bought 3 units of Deco M9 Plus for my company, my company is using Private IP address as below :

IP Address = 192.168.1.0 (Class C)

Subnet Mask255.255.252.0 (Class B)

I try use Deco app to setup my new device, once change to AP mode, the device light indicator show Red & my deco app cannot detect the device.

I tested at my home using Private IP & it work accordingly as below :

IP Address = 192.168.1.0 (Class C)

Subnet Mask255.255.255.0 (Class C)

Please advise how to solve my company issue.

thanks,

regards,

Kelvin

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco App cannot detect my Deco M9 Plus device (AP Mode)-Solution
2019-11-05 08:10:34 - last edited 2019-11-15 02:28:16

@Kelvin_Ng 

Hello, we did a test at our lab, after we changed the IP and subnet of the main router to the ones you mentioned, we connect the Deco M9 plus to the main router by wired cable and use the Deco APP to set it up.

After finished the configuration, the Deco works fine as a wireless router and then we change it to access point mode, it works properly as well; the clients can get internet with connected to the Deco. 

Try to simplify the network diagram to give it a go; in other word, please connect one Deco M9 plus to the main router only to set it up and test whether it works. 

Or try to change the DNS server of the main router to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

Then please check the firmware version of the Deco; and please tell us the model number of the main router. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-14 13:09:55 - last edited 2019-11-15 02:28:29

@Kevin_Z Thank you very much, found the root cause is due to our DHCP server

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2019-11-05 08:10:34 - last edited 2019-11-15 02:28:16

@Kelvin_Ng 

Hello, we did a test at our lab, after we changed the IP and subnet of the main router to the ones you mentioned, we connect the Deco M9 plus to the main router by wired cable and use the Deco APP to set it up.

After finished the configuration, the Deco works fine as a wireless router and then we change it to access point mode, it works properly as well; the clients can get internet with connected to the Deco. 

Try to simplify the network diagram to give it a go; in other word, please connect one Deco M9 plus to the main router only to set it up and test whether it works. 

Or try to change the DNS server of the main router to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

Then please check the firmware version of the Deco; and please tell us the model number of the main router. 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
2019-11-14 13:09:55 - last edited 2019-11-15 02:28:29

@Kevin_Z Thank you very much, found the root cause is due to our DHCP server

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco App cannot detect my Deco M9 Plus device (AP Mode)
2019-11-15 02:27:36

@Kelvin_Ng 

Glad to hear that you figured it out.

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco M9 plus.

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 923

Replies: 3

Related Articles