TP-Link N600 internet speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-11 12:59:06
Model: TL-WDR3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I have the TP-LINK N600 (TL-WDR3600) wireless router. Yesterday I performed an internet speed test and there is something wrong. My internet plan's max speed is 250 Mbps (download). When I connect the router and run the ethernet (wired) internet speed test i come to aproximately 70 Mbps. Then i disconnected the router and connected my computer directly with the modem and the speed was 210 Mbps! Then I connected the router again and run the wifi speed test and that came out to 110 Mbps! So what's wrong that the wired ethernet connection is so slow when the router is connected?

If anyone has an idea what's wrong, please let me know.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link N600 internet speed
2019-11-12 02:45:49

@Stojan 

Who is your internet service provider and what is the current network topology? 

Without any devices connected, please connect one computer to the TL-WRD3600 directly and to test the speed for 3 times and show us the screenshots of the test results.

Note: Please test the wired speed and wireless speed together.

And please click here to get the wired/wireless negotiation speed separately.

Note: The steps are the same, but please click ethernet connection.

Meanwhile, please check the information mentioned above with your device connected to the modem directly so that we can do a comparison analysis

Please ensure that the current firmware is up to date. And change another wired cable to connect the router and modem, like cat 5e or above.

You can refer to the below instruction to narrow down the issue as well.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2170/

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1850

Replies: 1

Related Articles