TCP/IP Port without Printer Controller Utility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-16 09:05:33 - last edited 2020-09-14 06:12:43
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 121127

Hi,

Is it possible to use the Print Server on the TL-WR1043ND without installing the "Printer Controller Utility"?

I have a HP LaserJet 1022 (in compatiblity list) connected which is recognized by the TL-WR1043ND. I want to connect the printer manually to my Windows PC using standard tcp/ip port, but I can't get it working. I tried RAW with Port 9100 and LPR with lp1.

Did anybody get this working and could tell me the right settings??

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TCP/IP Port without Printer Controller Utility-Solution
2020-01-17 09:37:05 - last edited 2020-09-14 06:12:43

@poseidon97 

Hello, sorry to tell you that the Printer controller utility is needed if you want to use the printer server with the USB printer. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TCP/IP Port without Printer Controller Utility-Solution
2020-01-17 09:37:05 - last edited 2020-09-14 06:12:43

@poseidon97 

Hello, sorry to tell you that the Printer controller utility is needed if you want to use the printer server with the USB printer. 

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options