Archer T6e Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T6e Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T6e Windows 10
Archer T6e Windows 10
2020-01-29 16:01:52
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an extender in my house that amplifies the signal. If I search in the TP-LINK Wireless Configuration Utility I find my network VGV751963E7F5 two times (see picture), one is the original from the router and one is from the extender. However it always automatically connects to the original connection from my router which has the lowest signal. Even when I switch to the connection of my extender it automatically switches back to the original connection. Is there a way that it only connects to my extender?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T6e Windows 10
2020-01-30 08:26:16

@Max123 Update: Most of the time they even have the same channel, namely channel 11.

Options
Re:Archer T6e Windows 10
2020-02-05 12:19:52

@Max123 

Hello, what is the model number of the your extender? Is it TP-Link extender?

Taken TP-Link extender as example, it uses the same wireless settings as the main router to create the connection, including wireless password and wireless channel.

Do you use different wifi name for the extender? If so, you can force the computer connect to the extender's wifi network.

Or you can locate the PC further away from the main router.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options