What nat device is connected to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 17:06:36
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V11
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 150616 Rel.52099n

I was trying to make a terraria server and looking for guides on how to forward port. Even after doing all the steps I found the port was being shown closed by port checker sites and then I came across a post here saying why my port forwarding isn't working. I found there if my WAN and public ip address are differrent then the port forwarding won't work and there is a NAT device connected to my router. So where is this NAT device, I don't have it and is it related to the isp somehow and how do I change it's port and how do I find it?

Options
5 Reply
Re:What nat device is connected to router
2020-02-05 12:58:19

@asifpiash48 

Hello, what is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? Except the TL-WR841N do you have any other router?

What is the current internet IP address of the TL-WR841N?

The port number you need open is related to the server itself, you can contact their tech support to verify the port numbers you need open.

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-07 20:23:47 - last edited 2020-02-07 20:24:41

@Kevin_Z Well pc and mobiles are connected to the router and there isn't anything else other than the ethernet cable going to the router. These device connect to the router wirelessly and no I have no other router. It is the default ip 192.168.0.1.I already know what port needs to be used but whether I do forward it manually or auto forward it doesn't seem to be working.

Options
2020-02-10 08:38:16

@asifpiash48 

Thanks for your valued reply. From your description, there is only TP-Link router existed, theoretically, you need open the port for your devices on the TP-Link router only.

Please check the current internet IP address of the TP-Link router; to make port forwarding work, the internet IP should be public IP address.

Besides, you can show me a screenshot of the status page and the port forwarding configuration page.

Thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-19 13:29:22

@Kevin_Z 

My internet ip and public ip seems to be different. This could be the reason why port forwarding is not working for me as you said. What can I do and is there a solution you can give or do I have to contact my isp? Is there any possible way to make internet and public ip same?

Options
2020-02-20 03:18:20 - last edited 2020-02-20 03:19:46

@asifpiash48 

Hello, if the current internet IP address of the router is a private one, then there must have a device which has public IP address, except enable port forwarding on the TP-Link router for your device, you need open the port for your TP-Link router on the internet source device with public IP address. 

You can contact ISP to get some help first.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 884

Replies: 5

Related Articles