Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-06 09:47:23 - last edited 2020-02-10 08:56:53
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have strange issue with my routeur Archer C3150 V2.

• My ISP router is on bridge mode with DHCP (ISP: VOO (Belgium)
  • My C3150 Settings is Dynamic IP for WAN (DHCP from ISP work and give ip) 

I have internet , everything work but my internet led is RED since 3 weeks

On the interface C3150 i see logo "internet" with "connecting" but internet work very weel. 

Speedtest on the interface work too. 

I tried some tweak :

• Reboot ISP Routeur
  • Reboot TP-link

Any ideas ? 

Thank you ! 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED. -Solution
2020-02-07 08:24:23 - last edited 2020-02-10 08:56:53

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin_Z , Thank for your answer.

I resolved the issue with activation of IPV6 on the WAN Interface. Very strange.

1.1.1.1 DNS work fine.

We can close topic. 

Have a nice day,

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED.
2020-02-07 08:14:32

@Kalima 

Hello, try to change the DNS server under advanced-network-internet page; You can change the primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4.

After that, try to reboot the router and verify whether the led changes to green/blue.

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED. -Solution
2020-02-07 08:24:23 - last edited 2020-02-10 08:56:53

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin_Z , Thank for your answer.

I resolved the issue with activation of IPV6 on the WAN Interface. Very strange.

1.1.1.1 DNS work fine.

We can close topic. 

Have a nice day,

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-10 08:56:43
Hi Kalima, thanks for your valued reply. Glad to hear that you figured it out. Thanks for your sharing again. If need more help in the future, be free to let us know. Good day.
Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-13 11:13:21

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin_Z ,

I have again the same issue.

But i have internet, it's very strange.

I don't care for red light but schedule wireless shutdown don't work with this statut "connecting"

i already test :

• Change DNS to 8.8.8.8 , 1.1.1.1 , default ISP 
  • Reboot TPLINK 
  • Reboot ISP Routeur
  • Enable IPV6

Thank for your support

Options
2020-03-29 07:00:36

up , issue still here

Options
2020-04-02 02:35:32

@Kalima 

Good evening

I'm using a C3150 for a week now and I have the exact same issue. It's a brand new device but not working properly. Does downgrading the firmware could be a solution here or does a new firmware will be available to fix this?

Thanks

Options
2020-04-23 01:08:02 - last edited 2020-04-23 01:11:09

@SunnyDM 

Is your problem fixed?, I have similar setup on my C3150. It has been with the red led for the internet (my internet is fine).

Also QoS not working, I cannot see the devices to give priority.

Security/Antivirus there is a message about updating the databases for ever.

I can set Parental controls but it does nothing by blocking sites or blocking internet.

Time is set to May 2017 every time router reboots. I cannot get GMT time.

IFTTT not working either.

Basically I have the functionality of a pretty basic/cheapr router

@Kalima @Kevin_Z 

Options
Re:Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED
2020-05-08 20:56:41

I suspect that this router needs to connect to a tplink server/page and that it does not exist anymore. Or perhaps some other TP service, probably the TP dyn IP service or whatever. That service is probably down permanently. And thus your C3150 will not run anything, like update the virus/content filter, it will not get the time, etc.

And you cannot remove the tplink cloud because, well the device is offline, but you have to connect to the device with your tplink account. So I guess a factory reset is our best option and see if without a cloud account things start working again.

It's a shame that I bought this AP for my business, as a consumer I would have rights for expected life span withour diminished functionality.

I am in the market for a Mesh Wifi network setup. I guess I wil go for Asus

Options
Re:Archer C3150 V2 :I have Internet Access but internet LED is always RED
2020-05-24 12:05:04

@ArjenR 

Same problem for me. Security database keeps updating to infinity ( and it looks like it stays on "841 days protected" forever) without success and TPlink-cloud page I get the Device Offline error.

It seems there is a hardcoded address or IP that does not resolve anymore that causes this behavior.

@TP-Link any chance for a firmware update to correct this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2246

Replies: 9

Related Articles