Wifi coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi coverage
Wifi coverage
2020-03-23 20:44:24 - last edited 2020-03-25 09:40:43
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Im using Deco M5 where 3 covering the whole house and almost my whole yard. But to strengthen and get rid of a darkspot for technology with weak WiFi (Single board computer and smart home devices) in my garage I bought a 4th Deco M5.

The new 4th Deco is going red (no connection) from time to time approx 50% of the time and when it works it has terrible speed. It is now in the far end vs the closest Deco about 8m but if I put it as close as possible approx 3-4m it is no difference. Without the 4th Deco I have perfect reception with my iPhone in the whole garage so can't understand why the Deco can't find each other?

Best Regards

Daniek

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi coverage
2020-03-25 09:52:57

@Wikman 

Hi Daniel, we can do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and figure it out. 

What is the current network diagram? Standing in the garage, can you get good signal strength from the Deco? 

Is there any error message on the Deco app when the 4th Deco stops working?

Have you ever tried to swap the location of the slave Decos to verify whether it is the specific Deco itself or the network environment? 

And what is the current hardware and firmware version of the Deco M5? 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Wifi coverage
2020-04-20 08:43:48

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

great I will try my best to answer your questions.

I got 4 M5 units one directly connected to the Ethernet from the incoming fiber modem. That one act as the Main deco or router then I have two more distribute in the house and now one additional in the garage.

the WiFi works good for my phone and laptop from the deco in the house but to strengthen the signal and connect some devices via Ethernet I added one more deco. But that one do not do any good as it switch on off all the time from the network and when working it has very bad reception.(very slow)

no error message from the app but when it turns red is disepeara from the list of Decos in the network.

I have not tried to swap places with the deco only positioning of the one in the garage and the one closest in the house with out any major difference even if it is a significant difference in distance between each other.

Im not sure how to find what version it is but according to the original box it says Ver1.0. In the app it says software version 1.1.5 do not know if it refers to the firmware. 

best regards

Daniel

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 677

Replies: 2

Related Articles