Archer C7 v4 OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 v4 OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 v4 OneMesh
Archer C7 v4 OneMesh
2020-03-28 10:19:15
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

so I just bought a TP-Link extender and I feel dissatisfied as a customer to see that my year-old Archer C7 v4 does not support OneMesh, while v5 does! How come? What hardware feature does v4 lack that it results in OneMesh inavailability? I might as well return the extender now, but don't expect me to upgrade my router just because of this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v4 OneMesh
2020-03-30 06:19:29

@kogli 

Onemesh is a new feature which aims to build up a seamless roaming mesh network, and generally speaking, the new function will be added into the new models/hardware versions first. Sometimes, the hardware version makes a huge difference, it can be regarded as a new product somehow. 

The Archer C7 v5, the newest hardware version does support Onemesh as you know, and it was released with Onemesh supported. There is no plan for Archer C7 V4 yet, we totally understand your frustration as an end-user, and we respect your decision. But I truly think that change another router with Onemesh feature supported is another reasonable alternative. Or you can consider our other Mesh network system, which is called Deco. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1370

Replies: 1

Related Articles