Struggling to active IPv6 through TP Link Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-30 17:38:39
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hi all,

I've recently bought a TP Link Archer C7 router to replace my ageing BT Home Hub 3. I'm using it with the originally supplied Openreach modem that came with the Home Hub 3.

I'm connected to BT over PPPoE using the standard login details and through that I've managed to get internet connectivity over IPv4 working flawlessly. Once all that was sorted I decided to try and enable IPv6 since the router supports it but that has not gone well.

I've enabled IPv6 on the router and set PPPoE as the connection type, using the same login details as for IPv4. Originally this did not even seem to generate an IP address for me, so I switched everything over to Google's DNS servers which means that I now get assigned an IP address on the router page, but none of my devices can see or access it.

I've seen reports online of TP Link routers assigning a /64 prefix when BT requires a /56 but I'm not sure how true that is or whether it's the issue I'm currently having.

The router itself knows there is a problem as the status screen shows a tick for IPv4 but an error symbol for IPv6. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have done everything I could think of, to no avail.

Kind regards,

Matt

Options
1 Reply
Re:Struggling to active IPv6 through TP Link Archer C7
2020-06-06 00:21:35

Same thing happening here. Archer C7 v4.0 Firmware 1.0.8

No IPv6 connectivity using PPPoE. In fact, it actually goes up to 100% processor and disconnects from IPv4 until it is rebooted, every time I try to connect PPPoE IPv6.

Bridged and Dynamic IP connections works fine for IPv6 or v4, but I wasn't able to connect to my new ISP through IPv6 PPPoE.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1624

Replies: 1

Related Articles