Multiple Range-Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multiple Range-Extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multiple Range-Extenders
Multiple Range-Extenders
2020-04-22 17:24:42 - last edited 2020-04-22 17:27:15
Model: TL-WA801ND  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have two WiFi Access points/Routers [TL-WA801ND and TL-WR940N, the latter is a multi-functionality router which I use in a range extending configuration]. Internet connected comes into a Huawei system [HG8247H] which is also a WiFi router. 

From this router (which has limited range) I ahve set up those two range extenders upstairs and downstairs in my house so that wifi connectivity is throughout the house. I don't use a different wifi name for the two other devices and let them remain on the same name and SSID. 

I get inconsistent speed throughout the house, am I doing something wrong? Should I rename them? Or Should I be setting up the second access point as an extension of the first access point as opposed to the original device (idk if that makes sense). Previously I just had the Huawei device + the TL-WA801ND which I put downstairs but the speed was not great. So That's why I got the TL-WR940N used that in the midway distance between the Huawei device and the 940N - the problem seems to have reduced but it still does not feel to provide the desired results. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 712

Replies: 0

Related Articles