Need help with new AX50 - Can't connect to Internet (Singapore - M1 Fibre)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 11:23:12
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently just got a new AX50, but I can't seem to connect to the Internet with it. I just swapped back to my old ASUS RT-AC88U and it is working fine now.

The IP on the web manager just keeps showing 0.0.0.0 and I have tried all the suggested workarounds:

- Confirmed that Connection Type is Dynamic IP

- Cloned the MAC Address

- Modified the LAN IP address of the router to 192.168.2.1

- Restarted the modem and the router

- Checked the physical connection from the ONT modem to the router (plugged into blue WAN port of the router)

Anyone knows a solution for this? My ISP is definitely not the problem since internet is working fine now via my old router.

Pictures as follows:

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need help with new AX50 - Can't connect to Internet (Singapore - M1 Fibre)
2020-05-18 15:56:02

@metalizex 

I can't tell you what's wrong, but for troubleshooting you could try the following.

Connect your ASUS RT-AC88U router to the ONT as usual (so that the ASUS router has a working internet connection) and then connect the WAN port of the AX50 to a LAN port of your ASUS RT-AC88U. (basically connect both routers in series)

Then check if the AX50 successfully gets an IP address assigned by the RT-AC88U's DHCP. (if it does, then it should also be able to establish an internet connection)

If this does work, then there might be some weird incompatibility between the ONT and the AX50. In this case you could try to set a (appropriate) static IP for the WAN port of your AX50 and then connect it to the ONT and see if that works.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1642

Replies: 1

Related Articles