Problems with Smart Connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-19 17:15:12
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7

Hi there,

Recently I have purchased the AX10 router,

but I am experiencing some problems with the Smart Connect option, while it is enabled I have very difficult to connect to the router if i am on the second floor cause it will not be in range ( or Unable to connect & incorrect password). The second problem is when i am near to the router and i am connected to it via 5G and i start to create distance, it will not switch me in 2.4G ( i have to wait a considerable time) or if i will move quickly it will disconnect me. I was urged to disable the Smart Connect option and to use 2.4G and 5G SSIDs separately.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems with Smart Connect
2021-01-15 18:48:40

@L.N I have different problem, but the solution may work for you. I have an Archer C80 with smart connection enabled. I have 8 devices and 7 of them connect without a problem, just one lenovo laptop can't connect to the modem or connect without internet service. I enabled a guest network just with 2.4 GHz and connect this laptop to guest network, It has been working fine, seems to solve the problem.

Options
2021-01-15 21:04:39

@L.N 

Better keep that off if you have to switch floors.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-14 12:54:37

@GeorgeVC 

I have the same c80, 10 devices and have the same issue with only one Lenovo laptop (yoga 910). :-(

Options
2021-10-15 09:03:51

@eborges 

Have you tried terziyski's suggestion to disable the Smart Connect on the C80, will the Lenovo laptop (yoga 910) connect to the 2.4G network?

You can also enable the Guest network on the C80, then confirm if this Lenovo laptop (yoga 910) can connect.

Additionally, check and ensure the wireless adapter driver version is up-to-date on the Lenovo laptop (yoga 910), ensure it can connect to other wireless networks fine.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4148

Replies: 4

Related Articles