Wireless connection drops on Deco M9 Plus with Google Stadia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-24 18:42:31
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I use Google Stadia on my Macbook Pro (2018). With a wireless connection, I get connection drops every 20/30 sec. Just now, I ran a test on a Windows PC with wired connection and everything was stable. When I connected the PC to the wireless network, the drops occured again.

Seems like Google Stadia has a hard time getting a stable wireless connection from the M9 Plus. I already tried to swicth on/off the beamforming, switched off the 2,4GHz channel but nothing seems to help.

What can be the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Frederik

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wireless connection drops on Deco M9 Plus with Google Stadia
2020-07-28 11:35:15

@Fr3derik 

Hello, sorry about that. We can do some troubleshooting first. 

1. What is the current network diagram? How many Deco units do you have in total and what is the working mode of the main Deco?

2. When Google Stadia drops every 20/30 sec, how about other applications or web surfing, are they still normal? If the main Deco is working on Router mode, try to change its DNS server to a third-party one such as Google's DNS server 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-07-29 05:32:49

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, there are 2 Deco's. The working mode's Router (my ISP's modem is in bridge mode). I don't have any issues with different applications. I've changed the DNS to Google's but this didn't resolve it unfortunately.

Options
2020-07-30 01:42:36

@Fr3derik 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP and what is the connection type on the main Deco, is it Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

What if you disconnected/power off the satellite Deco and use Google Stadia again, will it still disconnect?

BTW, is your network diagram like below?

ISP modem---main Deco M9)))(((satellite Deco M9)))(((Macbook Pro and other wireless devices

Is the Macbook Pro connected to the 2.4G network? How about the wireless signal on the Macbook as well as on the Windows PC when connected wirelessly? Please try to disable the 5G temporarily and test again.

Thanks a lot.

Options