Redirection permission

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Redirection permission

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Redirection permission
Redirection permission
2020-07-25 08:06:26
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 (latest)

I have installed an M5 mesh in my property and seems to be working.  I have it in routing mode so I can use features like parental controls, with a single Ethernet link back to a ISP Technicolor router that provides my internet. On that router, its logging an error message,

<router serial> redirection permission check failed <IP of Deco master>:80 TCP

Its logging this at least 10 times a second which is killing the router. My ISP is completely useless in terms of any documentation or help with what the error message is but it is clearly being caused by something the deco is trying to do.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks for your help in advance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Redirection permission
2020-07-28 11:07:01

@Chris56 

Hello,

I may need more info so that we can investigate further:

1. Is the network layout like ISP Technicolor router--main Deco))((satellite Deco? If not, please verify how many Decos in your network and how are they connected.

2. Can you please confirm again if the Technicolor router will work just fine when the Deco is disconnected from it?

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-28 11:21:02

Hi @TP-Link_Deco ,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the config is the ISPs Technicolor router with a single link to the master Deco. I then have 4 further decos as slaves. The master deck is in routing mode.

The Technicolor router is functioning, but slow due to the number of error messages its generating. The error message doesn't happen with a laptop connected directly to the router.

Thanks

Chris

Options
2020-07-30 02:17:35

@Chris56 

Hello,

Our engineer will email you, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 516

Replies: 3

Related Articles