Guest network on TL-WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-27 23:43:58 - last edited 2020-08-05 01:41:24
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi!

I have TP-Link Wireless ac750 Archer C20 router which has both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands. I am looking to purchase a TL-WA850RE Wireless Range Extender although it picks up only 2.4 GHz band. I'm fine with it. However, I would like to know whether it will amplify both 2.4 GHz main network as well as guest network simultaneously. Or else, should I go for dual band range extenders such as RE200? Thanks in advance.

Cheers  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Guest network on TL-WA850RE-Solution
2020-08-05 01:40:04 - last edited 2020-08-05 01:44:26

The TL-WA850RE Single band Wi-Fi range extender which I had ordered arrived yesterday and I finished installation/configuration which was easy to do. So here is the solution for those concerned about the guest network.

The single band extender cannot amplify both 2.4 GHz main network as well as 2.4 GHz guest network simultaneously. However, you can opt for broadcasting the 2.4 GHz guest network in the extender settings accessible through the extender's web utility management page or Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Guest network on TL-WA850RE
2020-07-31 07:46:05

@beb25 

Hi, for your issue, I am afraid you may mix up something.

For single band extender, it connects router's main 2.4GHz network for getting internet, then itself broadcasts one 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for your clients.

This network belongs to extender and you can change its Wi-Fi name. But the Wi-Fi password should be the same as the main router.

For dual band extender, itself can broadcast two bands both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band Wi-Fi.

Even though the extender only connects router's main 2.4GHz network, the extender itself has two bands Wi-Fi.

Both the network belong to the extender.

'However, I would like to know whether it will amplify both 2.4 GHz main network and guest network simultaneously'

Like what I said, the extender just needs to connect one network for getting internet first, then it will broadcast Wi-Fi networks for your clients.

If it is single band, it can only broadcast single 2.4GHz network.

Wish I have explained it clearly. If not, please feel free to tell us and I would like to explain more clearly for your confusion.

Have a nice day!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Guest network on TL-WA850RE
2020-08-02 06:37:00 - last edited 2020-08-02 06:37:51

@Sunshine 

So what I deduce from your reply is that both 2.4 GHz main network and guest network cannot be amplified simultaneously by a single band extender.

So my question now is can i configure the single band extender to amplify the 2.4GHz guest network rather than 2.4 GHz main network? My priority is for guest network which has parental control.

Options
Re:Guest network on TL-WA850RE-Solution
2020-08-05 01:40:04 - last edited 2020-08-05 01:44:26

The TL-WA850RE Single band Wi-Fi range extender which I had ordered arrived yesterday and I finished installation/configuration which was easy to do. So here is the solution for those concerned about the guest network.

The single band extender cannot amplify both 2.4 GHz main network as well as 2.4 GHz guest network simultaneously. However, you can opt for broadcasting the 2.4 GHz guest network in the extender settings accessible through the extender's web utility management page or Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1772

Replies: 3

Related Articles