Change Wifi Channel AX11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-27 20:47:37 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:26:32
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Archer AX11000(US)_V1_200216 (Current Version)

Is there any way to change the wifi channel that is used by a connected Macbook Pro. I'm not talking about switching bandwidth, eg, from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz, but the actual channel within the bandwidth I'm using?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Change Wifi Channel AX11000-Solution
2020-08-28 01:25:50 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:26:32

@barrow 

Hi, there is no such option on the router to modify the channel for a specific client, we can only change the wireless channel and channel width as shown below on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Change Wifi Channel AX11000-Solution
2020-08-28 01:25:50 - last edited 2020-08-28 01:26:32

@barrow 

Hi, there is no such option on the router to modify the channel for a specific client, we can only change the wireless channel and channel width as shown below on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Change Wifi Channel AX11000
2020-08-28 21:30:39

@Kevin_Z 

Hello,

I went through your guide, and it lists "blue" interface. There is nothing remotely similar to the "red" interface that is on my router. None of the settings allow for selection of width. I can't even see anywhere where I can configure the 5ghz settings, only the 2ghz band if I disable smart connect.

I am using an Archer AX11000 router. Is there an updated guide/tutorial for this router?

Options
2020-08-31 03:48:19

@barrow 

Hello,

The web interface of your AX11000 will be slightly different from the FAQ screenshots, but it should be similar. You may go to Advanced-Wireless-Wireless Settings, then you will be able to change the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless settings:

Options
2021-05-25 17:27:44

@barrow 

My interface definitely looks different,  however I was experimenting today.

I follow a similar process:

1. Log in to the local admin interface using the IP of the router
  2. Using the "hamburger menu", go to Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings.
  3. Turn *off* Smart Connect.
  4. Adjust settings for channel, channel width etc. Then Save.
  5. Reconnect, go back in and you can turn "Smart Connect" back on, it will keep the channel and width settings with the current HW and FW.

I did this to pick the DFS channels that their firmware wouldn't do on the auto settings, despite DFS being turned on and channels being completely unused - it insisted on using the non-DFS "popular" channels and having significant interference. 

Once I did this, my two 5G channels were in different parts of the channel allocation and (for the moment) are completely alone there. I couldn't use 160 because on the lower end, it overlapped with neighbors and on the upper end, it was not allowed, likely too close to the airport.

From the other end of the apartment with my Samsung S20 Ultra phone, I got 416Mbps consistently on what maxes out on Ethernet as 920Mbps connection. (The first test for some reason got 769Mbps.) I discovered that if I held the phone on my lap, I got 370Mbps and if I held it above the monitors, I would get 529Mbps, that's how easily WiFi is affected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3938

Replies: 4

Related Articles