Archer MR600 Enclosure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600 Enclosure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer MR600 Enclosure
Archer MR600 Enclosure
2020-09-02 11:03:34 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:56:44
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello Everyone,

I've recently bought MR600 to use in Rural India. So, far I have been using MR600 inside our home. To improve Airtel signal reception, I've placed the router on the building terrace. 

Signal strength has remained the same, but speeds have more than doubled after placing the router on terrace. But, I'm worried that exposure to heat and rain will damage the router. So, I'm thinking of placing the router in a metal container. 

Question to the experts is - Would a metal container interfere with the signal strength? Is it better to install an external antenna instead of going with the metail container?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Archer MR600 Enclosure-Solution
2020-09-08 08:56:05 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:56:44

@AP_Techie 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

If put into the metal retainer, it would only reduce the LTE reception from the cell tower, and also the Wi-Fi signal broadcasting;

So additional LTE antennas would be much better;

Thank you!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re: Archer MR600 Enclosure-Solution
2020-09-08 08:56:05 - last edited 2020-09-08 08:56:44

@AP_Techie 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

If put into the metal retainer, it would only reduce the LTE reception from the cell tower, and also the Wi-Fi signal broadcasting;

So additional LTE antennas would be much better;

Thank you!

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 511

Replies: 1

Related Articles