TPlink C1200 restarts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPlink C1200 restarts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TPlink C1200 restarts
TPlink C1200 restarts
2020-09-22 13:52:54
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979

I have a TPlink Archer C1200 router which is 10 months old, earlier I was using a connection with 50 Mbps and a week ago I switched to 100Mbps since then the router is restarting on a regular basis.

I have reset the router and ensured that the cable is all right. Tried to upgrade the firmware and it is the latest version.

Kindly request to help here.

Options
3 Reply
Re:TPlink C1200 restarts
2020-09-23 05:49:51

@Srinirao 

Hello,

Please confirm what do you mean by router restarting on a regular basis, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover?

May I have your network layout, how is the C1200 connected in your network? Was it working fine before and started to restart just after you upgraded the internet bandwidth to 100Mbps?

How many devices are connected to C1200, wired, and wirelessly?

Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the C1200 to restart?

Good day~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-23 07:07:09

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

1. Yes, all the lights go off, power light starts to blink and the router restarts. During this process there is no internet.

2. This entire process takes around 2-3 minutes.

3. For network layout I am using it as a router not as an access point, there are 7 wireless devices connected and there is one wifi extender TL-WA850RE.

4. I do not see any such feature in the router or in the network for restart as I tried another router D-Link for a day with the same connection type and all the devices connected and it works perfectly fine without any issue.

Hope this answers all your queries.

Options
2020-09-25 01:17:46

@Srinirao 

Hello, thanks for the details, I have sent you a PM, please check and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 3

Related Articles