Deco M4 Mesh Wifi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-08 07:40:09
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2 Build 20200727 Rel. 37987

To whom it may concern,

I bought a couple of Deco M4 some moths ago, and they worked fine for some time.

But recently, the secondary Deco loses it connection to the main Deco: it starts blinking a red LED on top. It appears as offline in the deco App. The devices connected to the secondary Deco do get Wifi connection, but no IP from DHCP server, so they do not work.

The devices connected to the main deco keep working.

My network setup consists of:

• ISP router working as NAT router, also acting as DHCP server, with WiFi switched off.
  • TP-link switch (TL-SG105), that connects the ISP router with the Decos using ethernet cable
  • 2 Deco M4, working in access point mode using Ethernet as backhaul
  • Some other wired and wireless network clients
  • The DHCP server has been configured with static IPs for the Decos.
  • I have fast roaming switched on.

After switching off and on both decos, it takes about a day or two before the secondary deco stops working again (Red LED blinking). 

With the secondary deco switched off, the Wifi network keeps working from the main deco. Switching off and on the secondary deco sometimes fixes the problem (for one day) and sometimes i have to reset both decos to get both working again.

Getting home and resetting my decos is not my idea of seamless Wifi.

Please help me solve this issue.

Thank you in advance,

Fperez

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Mesh Wifi not working
2020-10-18 15:37:01

After some testing, I've found the problem was a wired device that was bringing down my wired network. It was a USB-C dongle, when it was detached from the computer it killed the wired network completly.

I removed the device fromm the network, and Decos are working fine again.

Sorry about not testing properly before posting.

The problem was not the Deco. Great product in fact.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1739

Replies: 1

Related Articles