Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
126 Reply
Re:Archer C9 keeps rebooting/restarting randomly
2020-11-04 21:23:24 - last edited 2020-11-04 21:30:37

@snoken 

I updated 2 iPhones to iOS 14 this Halloween weekend.

my C9 has been Flawless for 3 years before.

now the last week of streaming and online gaming has been screwed up by resetting Router

so the question is what is TP-Link gonna do.

I'm on IP-Only fibre with Telia ISP, sweden.

they say that their stuff I working fine

Options
2020-11-05 05:03:57
Turning off "Private Mac Address" on the iOS devices seems to have solved the problem. I haven't had a reboot since. Hopefully the engineers will have a fix soon.
Options
2020-11-05 09:06:27

@cinajo Go to wifi settings on your iPhones and click the little information icon to the right. In there there's an option to turn off Private Address. Hopefully that will resolve your issue as well, or at least like in my case alleviate it a lot.

Lycka till! wink

Options
2020-11-05 09:08:46

@TGF Please update the solution on the thread to a post that suggests turning off the Private Address.

Options
2020-11-05 17:21:09

Had another router restart today. But I noticed that my iPhone had started using private address again. Switched it off, hopefully it helps again :)

Options
2020-11-08 16:17:09

I have the same problems. Unsure when it started, but at least a couple of weeks. We have a few iOS devices, but none that has been upgraded to iOS 14.

Since we are working from home, with a lot of meetings, this is just not acceptable. Is there any solution coming? Otherwise we will have to return the router to the seller. 

Options
2020-11-08 16:52:16

@jaqob Turn off wifi 2.4 GHz and use only 5 GHz like a guest network. Try these settings, as for me i dont have iOS 14 devices like you

Options
2020-11-09 09:42:44 - last edited 2020-11-09 09:43:46

Yeah I've unfortunately had a couple of reboots during the weekend. Getting pretty tired of this. Am about to give up and just bin the damn router and buy another brand.

Still no news from your engineers @Kevin_Z? Seemingly a big chunk of people who own tp-link routers have started having the same sort of issues at around the same time. Coincidence? ISP or user error? I think not. Yet it's been several weeks with no word of a potential official fix, or new firmwares coming to fix this. This is unacceptable and from a customer's point of view it seems like no engineers are actively working on this at all, or at least no competent engineers if I'm to be blunt, sorry. Having the customer base working together to half-bake fixes and debug for you is fine, it's great even -- but to not use that information and with priority coming out with official word about this, and finding the actual problem is not. I'm disappointed to say the least.

@Terni4 How long have you gone without a reboot with this setting applied?

Options
2020-11-09 10:07:45

@snoken I can only agree. I can't understand how tplink can't take this more seriously. With so many people working from home, having a router restarting randomly, with minutes of downtime as a consequence, is just unacceptable. I have "solved" it for the moment by replacing the C9 with an old router, but I will of course never by a tplink product again again.And I will make a serious attempt to return it on the warranty. 

Options
2020-11-09 14:55:57

@snoken I was having multiple reboots when i was using my ipad (it has iOS 12 version on it) and when i made changes with guest network i definitely start working much better, at least im using now my ipad and router dont reboot instantly when i connect it to wifi. But router reboots now early in the morning and now im investigating why, but any way guest network made some improvements for me.

Options
Related Articles