Archer A6 V2 Network drops on 5GHZ after update build 200508 Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-25 03:29:43 - last edited 2020-10-26 08:07:42
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20200508 rel.63077(5255)

Hi, after update my router firmware on Archer A6(RU)_V2_200508 build, that led to Network drops, but only for 5GHZ signals.
The network works fine on 2.4GHZ signals.
Btw, all worked perfectly on factory firmware(idk the number of build).
Any choices to recover working ability?
I can't restore my backup, bcs i forgot to do it before the update 0_0.
And also, i can't return older firmware patch, cuz this new one, consist unreturned features ;(.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 V2 Network drops on 5GHZ after update build 200508 Firmware-Solution
2020-10-26 08:07:36 - last edited 2020-10-26 08:07:42

@Roflan3B4alo 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?

1. When the 5GHz is disconnecting from the A6 network, does it still shows connected on your 5GHz devices while there is no internet access? Please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from A6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the A6 gateway and internet?
2. How many devices are connected to the 5GHz network, what are they? Are all wireless devices connected to the 5GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? 
3. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer A6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
4. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the A6, or disable/enable the 5GHz wireless on the A6, or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

Thank you very much for your patience again~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 V2 Network drops on 5GHZ after update build 200508 Firmware-Solution
2020-10-26 08:07:36 - last edited 2020-10-26 08:07:42

@Roflan3B4alo 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community, can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?

1. When the 5GHz is disconnecting from the A6 network, does it still shows connected on your 5GHz devices while there is no internet access? Please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from A6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the A6 gateway and internet?
2. How many devices are connected to the 5GHz network, what are they? Are all wireless devices connected to the 5GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? 
3. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer A6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
4. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the A6, or disable/enable the 5GHz wireless on the A6, or just wait and it will reconnect automatically?

Thank you very much for your patience again~

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer A6 V2 Network drops on 5GHZ after update build 200508 Firmware
2020-10-26 08:53:19

@Kevin_Z 

1. Yep, it still shows connection. Yes, they can. Ping:

2. Only 1 device - PC(TP-LINK Archer T4U), but i can also connect my smartphone and it'll experience the same drops.
3. Already tried, it doesn't help.
4. Just wait for 3-4sec.

Options
Re:Archer A6 V2 Network drops on 5GHZ after update build 200508 Firmware
2020-10-26 10:01:06

Hi @Roflan3B4alo, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and respond, thanks a lot. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 758

Replies: 3

Related Articles