TP-LINK Devs, Bring back Port Forward *RANGE* in the new interface! I NEED it!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-26 17:14:55 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:00:36
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 200827

I am upgrading from a TP-LINK Archer C2 to an AX10.

I have a number of machines on my network which require a lot of port forwards. The way I did this on the C2 and a previous, non-TP-LINK model, was to configure all the necessary ports to be forwarded to be consecutive, and then create a single rule for each range to each machine. Using this, I was able to forward some 50 ports using only 8 port forward rules(a few were further fragmented to discern between the TCP and UDP ranges I needed).

As I was setting up the new AX10 I noticed that port ranges could no longer be used in the Port Forwarding entries. Although I was annoyed, I began putting in each entry individually, figuring that annoying as it is, this is a one-time setup anyway. I then hit the router's limit of 32 port forward entries. This means that I have no way of forwarding all the ports that I need.

I've already updated the firmware to latest. The feature has not returned. Port Triggering will be of no help here since I have no way to control which PC will trigger each range. But it shows that port forwarding ranges still exist somewhere within the firmware's logic. It is possible to set up port ranges in the Port Triggering field. Why then, was it removed from the Port Forwarding menu?

This worked on your older products! I find it baffling that features would be removed - not added - between models!

So then I must ask you, and please reply in a timely fashion: do you intend to reintroduce the ability to use port ranges in the Port Forwarding interface? Please answer quickly enough so that I can know whether it's worth it to stick with the router until a firmware update is out, or return it and get my money back without further hassle and delays!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-LINK Devs, Bring back Port Forward *RANGE* in the new interface! I NEED it!-Solution
2020-10-27 02:45:58 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:00:36

@Searinox 

Check this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Devs, Bring back Port Forward *RANGE* in the new interface! I NEED it!-Solution
2020-10-27 02:45:58 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:00:36

@Searinox 

Check this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TP-LINK Devs, Bring back Port Forward *RANGE* in the new interface! I NEED it!
2020-10-27 08:59:56 - last edited 2020-10-27 09:16:44

@Ivaylo Thank you! This works! It's a shame it isn't documented because otherwise I find it counterintuitive. There's a bug that if you edit an existing range entry, it refuses to save unless you delete the copied range in the internal ports section, which it fills for some reason. There's also a bug in that if you edit an entry to change a range into one that's different but still has some overlap with the old one you're changing from the same entry, it will tell you that the new entry conflicts with an existing one, so you must first change to a temporary, useless port then to the range you were changing. But at least it works. Thank you.

Options
Re:TP-LINK Devs, Bring back Port Forward *RANGE* in the new interface! I NEED it!
2020-10-27 11:53:34 - last edited 2020-10-27 11:53:51

@Searinox

I get your frustration with the new GUI changes, many people are not happy with those, but we hope that tp-link will address all of them.

For example I have similar concern but with the IP & MAC Binding option (with AX10 you are affected as well) - check this thread for details.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1478

Replies: 3

Related Articles