USB Drive, Name Changes, volume(SDA1) to volume(SDB1)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-02 09:28:35
Model: Archer VR2800v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,I have a problem with
Model: Archer VR2800 Router
Hardware Version: VR2800 v1 00000000
Firmware Version: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

This router has 2 USB ports.  
I have 2-drives attached to the USB ports.  
In Windows 10, I am mapping to the USB drives attached to the router.  

However, it appears the router is changing the name of the volume (Folder Name) from volume(SDA1) to volume(SDB2) 
indiscriminately, as a result I have to keep changing my mapped network drive settings. 
It is also messing up my Media Player as all my media is stores on the attached storage on the router.
What can I do to keep the router from changing the volume name (Folder Name)?
Is there a Firmware update to Fix this? 
Maybe you have a BETA version to Fix it?
Thank You.
George.

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Drive, Name Changes, volume(SDA1) to volume(SDB1)
2020-11-05 07:10:36

@Flourgrader2 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I used to receive similar feedback but the only difference is that the USB drives are connected behind a USB hub, then hub to the USB of the router.

For more details, please refer to this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/100019

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options