Upload speed not upto the mark on 5 Ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-06 07:24:02
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(5553)

Hello Team,

I have broadband connection of 250 Mbps Up/Down (1:1)

I have no issue with Download, but I only get 100 Mbps upload on 5 Ghz

I have only 2 device connected and both have same issue.

It was working as expected before, issues started last week.

I have already done rebooted/factory-default/DNS

I get desired speed 250 Up/Down with I connect RJ45 directly on Laptop.

Please Advise

Firmware Version :
1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(5553)
Hardware Version :
Archer C80 1.0

-Akshay

Options
7 Reply
Re:Upload speed not upto the mark on 5 Ghz
2020-11-06 07:45:04

@Rooki3 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

We can still check the below info and see if we can improve it:
1. Simplify your network layout and only leave your ISP modem and the C80, connect them in this way: ISP modem--C80---Laptop, leave all other clients disconnected, then run speedtest app on the laptop 3 times, please confirm what is the download and upload speed you can get, show us the test results.
2. Connect the ISP modem--C80)))(((laptop (connect to the 5GHz), leave all other clients disconnected, then run the speedtest app 3 times again and confirm what is the download and upload speed. Please also confirm what is the wireless link speed between the laptop and the C80: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/.
3. When performing all these tests, make sure you don’t have background programs hogging too much bandwidth. Syncing photos, backing things up to the cloud, file sharing, and other applications can make your upstream connection pretty crowded.
4. Check your speeds with different devices. If one is significantly faster, you might have a hardware or software issue with your device rather than an Internet problem.

Any updates, just let us know. Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-06 08:05:18
@Kevin_Z I have already done that, I get 250 Up/Down on Router LAN. Issues is only with Wifi 5Ghz. -Akshay
Options
2020-11-06 08:08:26

I have also tried changing Channel Width/Channel to different setting as per mu location, no luck.

Beacon Interval :40
RTS Threshold :2305
Please advise anytihng else

Options
2020-11-06 09:37:42

@Rooki3 

Hi, thanks for getting back, can you confirm the wireless link speed on the laptop when connected to the 5GHz? Please ensure the wireless adapter is up-to-date.

Have you tested with a smartphone? If not, we hope you could give it a go.

BTW, may I know the model number of the wireless adapters on the laptops? If you can try with a smartphone, please tell us the model and version as well, thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-06 09:48:40

@Kevin_Z 

I am using Macbook Pro, all the drivers on both devices are already updated.

Interfaces:
en0:
  Card Type:    AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x7BF)
  Firmware Version:    wl0: Feb 28 2020 15:24:56 version 9.30.357.35.32.5.47 FWID 01-9ce4adf3
  MAC Address:    38:f9:d3:84:27:9f
  Locale:    ETSI
  Country Code:    IN
  Supported PHY Modes:    802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  Supported Channels:    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
  Wake On Wireless:    Supported
  AirDrop:    Supported
  AirDrop Channel:    149
  Auto Unlock:    Supported
  Current Network Information:
AkShAy:
  PHY Mode:    802.11ac
  BSSID:    1c:3b:f3:25:e4:5e
  Channel:    153
  Country Code:    IN
  Network Type:    Infrastructure
  Security:    WPA2 Personal
  Signal/Noise:    -61 dBm / -92 dBm
  Transmit Rate:    585
  MCS Index:    4

Like I said issue is on both devices Android Phone and Mac.

So, basically issue is constant across different devices and different OS.

It was working fine for all devices, no changes were done on Router.

-Akshay

Options
2020-11-06 10:56:09

@Rooki3 

Hello Akshay,

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

BTW, try to disable the QoS on the C80 and check if it will make a difference.

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-11-06 11:14:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for elevating, sure I am open for suggestions and troubleshooting.

QoS is already been disabled.

We don't have any fancy settings on Router.

-Akshay

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 694

Replies: 7

Related Articles