TL-WDR4300 - Firmware upgrade wipes configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-14 03:39:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
After setting up the newly arrived router, renaming the SSID and changing password for 2.4 GHZ AND 5 GHZ and also renaming the default router username and password, I decided to update the firmware.
The procedure wiped all configuration I've made forcing me to do all over again.
Is this a default behavior? If not, how can I avoid this problem in future?

Thank you
Best Regards
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WDR4300 - Firmware upgrade wipes configuration
2013-02-14 14:25:43
The upgrade will make all the settings back to factory and requires to reconfigure the router. The best way to avoid this is to do the settings backup before you upgrade. You can go to System tools-->Backup setting-->Save it into your computer. After you upgrade successful, you can restore the setting you saved.
Options
2013-04-13 18:52:53
The same happend to me after the latest Firmware upgrade, and the security saved BIN file from the old firmware could NOT be used, the router did not accept the BIN file, and i had to reprogram the whole router, and then make a new security BIN file, sorry but that is the only way to do it.
Options
2013-04-14 06:15:24
Typically, firmware upgrades default to "out of the box" default settings. This is what I've seen in manufacturer's firmware updates, and alternative firmware updates such as dd-wrt and easytomato.

In general, configuration settings are not interchangeable between firmware versions. Unless the company builds in logic to save the old and re-populate it upon upgrading to the new firmware version - which is a little challenging to do as you are basically wiping out memory as part of the firmware upgrade...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 780

Replies: 3

Related Articles