To Bridge or not to bridge.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 15:55:30 - last edited 2020-11-09 00:10:11
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just recently  purchased a Deco m4 and looking for some help or suggestions on setup. The Wifi in my house is bad I even tried range extenders  it improved a bit in terms of extending the wifi's range but still not good enough and speeds were not good. We have a Arris DG 3270 with 4 ports not sure if they are lan or Ethernet it was provided my our internet provider. Dad has his old pc hardwired to modem it doesn't  have a wireless card. If I bridge  the deco and disable the WiFi will it disable the port. Do I turn off the WiFi , the built in WiFi is both 2.4 & 5.0 will I lose this.......I don't want to get another router if it means loosing my ports when I bridge . I hope someone understands what I asking and thanks in advance  for and help or suggestions  it will be greatly appreciated .

Options
2 Reply
Re:To Bridge or not to bridge.
2020-11-09 00:34:10 - last edited 2020-11-09 00:34:37

@DeeDee23 

Configure Deco to run in AP (Access Point) mode. 

Disable WiFi on your Arris modem/router. 

This is the easiest configuration, it should not mess your existent network. 

If WiFi signal from M4 is not good enough after that, you have two options:

1. Undo above two changes and return M4. Look for another mesh system. 

or

2. Buy one more M4 to use as a satellite node. See TP-link documentation on how to place satellite Deco nodes over the house for best effect. 

Options
Re:To Bridge or not to bridge.
2020-11-09 11:53:39

@Alexandre. thanks I'll try that fingers crossed ..smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 2

Related Articles