AX20 router hangs when I shutdown my laptop connected on LAN port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 22:02:39 - last edited 2020-11-09 22:09:14
Model: Archer AX20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20200929 rel.54838(4555)

Router using default settings. hangs when I shutdown my macbook with usb ethernet dongle connected to LAN. 
other wire and wireless users cannot go to internet,  cannot connect to 192.168.0.1 , only works again after factory reset . but hangs again if the macbook shutdown with dongle, other laptop with built in ehternet port shutdown no problem.

everything works normal with the usb dongle only when the macbook shuts down, the router hangs. maybe the router thinks the connection is still alive and got stuck in infinite loop?

my 7 year old router from other brand doesnt have this problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX20 router hangs when I shutdown my laptop connected on LAN port
2020-11-10 02:06:08

@Almere 

Hello, do you mean the router will hang when you shut down the MacBook, which is connected to the AX20 LAN via a USB to Ethernet Adapter?

Does this issue happen every time you shot down the MacBook or it just happens occasionally? What if you unplug the USB to Ethernet Adapter from the AX20 LAN first, then shut down the MacBook, will this also affect the router?

When the AX20 hangs, can you ping the gateway on the other computer or just on this MacBook? Can I have the screenshot?

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-10 11:56:36 - last edited 2020-11-10 11:59:12

@Kevin_Z  yes USB dongle is connected to router via cable, when shutdown macbook still plugged in charger, so the USB-C dongle could still get power.

by the way sometimes the DHCP server doesnt recognize the device name, it says "UNKNOWN" this happens with other laptops and PC too. 

MAC Address is correct.

internet etc works normal, only when software shutdown macbook., no screenshot because cannot login router page,.it' just stuck. get very high ping response. and timeouts.
shutdown from other LAN cable connected devices no problem, only from the USB-C dongle connected.

I'm sure it's AX20 router problem, because everything works normal with my old router.

Options
2020-11-11 03:15:35

@Almere 

Hello, thanks for getting back.

We would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 3

Related Articles