Two router can not work in one onemesh network!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-11 18:25:07 - last edited 2020-11-11 18:31:57
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

Dear Tp-Link,

I have an Archer C7 router its wifi range is limited in my current setup. I just bought another router (Archer C6 v2.0) two create a onemesh network in my home.
During my installation I am really dissapointed in the quaility of TP-Link products when it comes to SW and documentation.

Before my purchase I checked the compatibility list for onemesh networking:
https://www.tp-link.com/hu/onemesh/product-list/

There is zero information on this site about the limitation. This limitation is that routers can act only as an access points in a onemesh network!

Other level of my frustation is in the routers SW itself:

Both my Archer C7 and C6 SW has the option for "Access point" mode.  I selected it on my C6 and now i can not reach its local website. Fortunately a hard reset changed back everything and hopefuly i am able to change it to another range extender.

Please ASAP update your website at least to be clear for your future customers.
And of course on the long run please update the firmwares.

Best Regards:

Zieglerziga

Options
1 Reply
Re:Two router can not work in one onemesh network!
2020-11-12 05:43:06 - last edited 2020-11-12 06:07:10

@zieglerziga 

This is a screenshot from the link you cited with the OneMesh capable products list:

I highlighted the text which points how you can use OneMesh solution.

Searching further into TP-Link documentation that link might explain a lot (look at the bottom of the page - specifically Q3/A3).

But you still have an option to use WDS between those two routers if you don't want to use cables across you environment - see this as a reference.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1840

Replies: 1

Related Articles