Trouble with getting to a synology nas internally after switch isp

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-12 15:01:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 202000921 rel. 42500

Hi there,

Today I've switched from ISP.  I use the Deco in router mode. It is configured as DMZ host in the router of my old ISP.  I run a synology NAS at home, which is accessible from the inside of the network as well as on the outside.  This worked fine with my old ISP. 

Today I switched to a new ISP, also made the same configuration. Unfortunately reaching the destination on the 'external hostaddress' internally wasn't possible. Externally everything ran fine.  

Configuration is as folllows: 

ROUTER - DECO M9 - NAS

The router makes DHCP leases in the 192.168.1.xxx series. The Deco M9 is set to 192.168.68.xxx. Of course the Deco M9 has a static DHCP lease on the router, and is set as DMZ host.

After getting a tip from another forum I started looking at 'NAT loopback' and found several topics on this forum handling this problem. I've tried the following points;

1. Disabling Trendmicro security

2. Setting the QOS settings to standard

3. Emptying the high priority list in deco. 

Note: it was working on my previous ISP, with the same configuration (of course the router of the ISP is different). 

To rule out whether it is a problem of the router of my ISP, I connected the Synology directly to the router of the ISP. And all of a sudden the synology was reachable from within my own network (even a client on the Deco M9 wireless network). 

How can I get this back working with the Deco M9? 

Thanks in advance! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Trouble with getting to a synology nas internally after switch isp
2020-11-18 12:23:40

@robbierzz 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

In case I made any mistakes, could you please help me confirm the following information:

1. After switching to a new ISP, the same network map: ISP router(LAN1 192.168.1.xxx)---M9+(LAN2 192.168.68.xxx)--NAS

(ISP router opened DMS for M9, and I guess that you have opened the port for NAS as well on M9+.)

--- the issue now is, you could not access the NAS from LAN 1(192.168.1xxxx) and LAN2(192.168.68.xxx), but accessing from the outside network has no problem at all?

----the same configuration works with the previous ISP;

-----any error message when you failed to access?

And if the network map is like ISP router—M9+

\

NAS

Both LAN 1(192.168.1.xxx), and LAN2(192.168.68.xxx) could access the NAS and NAS is accessible from the outside network as well.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to tell it out.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Waiting for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 1

Related Articles