Problem to find my device on Tp tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-27 19:19:39 - last edited 2021-08-27 03:43:56
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V13
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0348.0 Build 171020 Rel.75834n

First the router is working fine with all devices at home, internet is good. 

But when I installed Tether App to manage my router my device is not found or appear in the Wifi. 

When i checked  the list of provided devices models, mine is not in. 

How to fix it?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problem to find my device on Tp tether App-Solution
2020-12-01 10:02:57 - last edited 2021-08-27 03:43:56

@Jahidur42 

Hi, as per the Tether compatibility list, this WR841 v13 should be compatible, please ensure you are running the latest firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/tether/product-list/

If it still cannot be detected, please confirm the below:
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link host wireless network.
2. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
3. Reboot the router or restart the Tether app.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem to find my device on Tp tether App-Solution
2020-12-01 10:02:57 - last edited 2021-08-27 03:43:56

@Jahidur42 

Hi, as per the Tether compatibility list, this WR841 v13 should be compatible, please ensure you are running the latest firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/tether/product-list/

If it still cannot be detected, please confirm the below:
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link host wireless network.
2. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
3. Reboot the router or restart the Tether app.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 964

Replies: 1

Related Articles