Fail to set TL-WDR4300 as cloud device on tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 03:23:20 - last edited 2020-12-01 03:28:13
Model: TL-WDR4300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-WDR4300_V1_150518

Hi,

I am using 2 different TP-Link routers in 2 different location. Archer_C7 in location A, and WDR4300 in location B.

While I am using Tether App to manage these routers, I can set Archer_C7 to associate with my TP-link account and to be a "cloud device" shown in Tether app, which allow me to access anywhere via internet. However, I cannot find any way to set WDR4300 to associate with my TP-link account, as a result I cannot set it as "cloud device".

Further information, when I am in the network of WDR4300, I can recognize WDR4300 in the Tether app as "local" device.

I have already upgraded the firmware to support Tether app, but I still cannot find the UI for setting tplink account (I do find this UI in Archer_C7)

So, the key question is how to associate WDR4300 with my tplink account?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Fail to set TL-WDR4300 as cloud device on tether app
2020-12-01 07:43:47

@KYKY 

Hi, as far as I know, the WDR4300 doesn't support the cloud management.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 1

Related Articles