AX10 (?) issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10 (?) issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX10 (?) issues
AX10 (?) issues
2020-12-06 10:52:32 - last edited 2020-12-08 01:21:10
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555)

Hi!

I connected to a gigabit speed internet yesterday after having a slower connection, and I needed a new router which can handle this speed, so I purchased an AX10. In general, it's working fine, but I've noticed a few things (which might not be an issue because of the router, but I'm not sure).

First of all, let me show how my home network is set up:

Provider modem --> Router --> cat5e                --> Tenda gigabit switch (non manageable) --> Smart TV
                                                                          --> Tenda gigabit switch (non manageable) --> HTPC (1 issue)

--> cat5e   --> desktop PC (works fine)
                           --> cat5e   --> docking station  --> laptop (haven't tested yet)

--> wifi       --> repeater            --> wifi bridge --> NVR (works fine)

--> wifi       --> repeater            --> random stuff connecting if necessary (seems to be working fine)

--> wifi       --> random stuff connecting

All the devices have static IPs set up, IPv6 is disabled. I have the guest network set up (both 2,4GH and 5GH, and I have OFDMA + Smart connect enabled.

1. The first thing is, that the 2,4 GH wifi connection seems unreliable. Phones connecting to 5GH are fine, speed is great, and the connection is always reliable, it reacts fast. But for instance my phone (Xiaomi MI A2 Lite - Android 10 with latest security patch) is connecting to 2,4GH, and the speed is fine for me (~120mpbs/105mbps), but the connection is not reliable. For example when I open a webpage, or just do a Google search, I can see the progress bar starts progressing, then just stops, like I have no connection. If I wait, sometimes, it loads, but sometimes it doesn't, and I have to reload. Same happening inside apps that are using internet, like Aliexpress, Amazon etc. When I do a speed test, sometimes it says I have no internet connection, 3 out of 5 times.
I have a wireless repeater, but the phone is connecting directly to the router (it happens even if it's 1 meters from the router). With my previous router / connection, I didn't have this issue, not even when the phone was connecting to the repeater.

2. Internet on the HTPC. In general, it's fine, but If I do a speed test on speedtest.net, the connection drops. Same happens sometimes when I download bigger files. for instance a 1GB test file. I'm not sure if it's the router, but this didn't happen before either.

Edit: After posting this, I reverted my eth adapter's driver to the one the manufacturer offers (from the Windows one), and now the issue isn't happening anymore.
Edit #2: My phone should be able to connect to 5GHZ wifi
Edit #3: It does, after disabling the smart connect in the router settings, and setting 5GHZ channel to 36 instead of auto (and turning smart connect back on), the phone connected to 5GHZ. but doing the same thing so I will reset it.. Guess that was all, it's not happening because of the router.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX10 (?) issues-Solution
2020-12-07 11:51:21 - last edited 2020-12-08 01:21:10

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, it's only my phone which connects to 2,4GHZ from tim to time, and as far as I can see it has an IP address usually. Today in one case it was disconnected from the wifi and the phone said next to the SSID that "it's disabled". But I could connect manually.

It also connects now to 5GZH sometimes, but this same issue is also happening on that band, so I'm sure it's the phone. I'm backing it up atm, and will reset it, so we can rule it out.

Edit: ok, just before I did the reset, I went through the settings, and realized I assigned the same IP to my phone and my TV's eth port... -,-'. So I guess everything is fine now, thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:AX10 (?) issues
2020-12-07 05:54:28

@Arpad 

Thank you very much for all the detailed info.

As for the 2.4G connection issue you experienced when connecting to the AX10, is it only happening on the Xiaomi MI A2 Lite - Android 10? Are there any other devices connected to the 2.4G network?

When the Xiaomi MI A2 Lite - Android 10 cannot load a page or connect to the apps, is it still getting a valid IP address from the AX10? Can you ping the AX10?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:AX10 (?) issues-Solution
2020-12-07 11:51:21 - last edited 2020-12-08 01:21:10

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for getting back to me!

Yes, it's only my phone which connects to 2,4GHZ from tim to time, and as far as I can see it has an IP address usually. Today in one case it was disconnected from the wifi and the phone said next to the SSID that "it's disabled". But I could connect manually.

It also connects now to 5GZH sometimes, but this same issue is also happening on that band, so I'm sure it's the phone. I'm backing it up atm, and will reset it, so we can rule it out.

Edit: ok, just before I did the reset, I went through the settings, and realized I assigned the same IP to my phone and my TV's eth port... -,-'. So I guess everything is fine now, thank you!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:AX10 (?) issues
2020-12-08 01:21:05

@Arpad 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback, it's glad to know you figured it out by yourself, good work:)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 490

Replies: 3

Related Articles