Archer AX6000 - 2,4GHz WiFi disappears

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 11:33:59
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

I have problem with AX6000 2,4GHz WiFi. From time to time (~1-2 weeks) the WiFi on 2,4GHz stops working - the network is not visible from other devices. In the same time 5GHz network is visible and fully functional. Also router can be accessed through web interface or Tether app. Restart doesn't solve the problem. Only turn off - turn on procedure on 2,4GHz WiFi works and the network starts to be visible and accessible.

When the 2,4GHz network is not working, the web interface and Tether app show this network as enabled. I'm keeping the Smart Connect option disabled as it was disconnecting 2,4GHz WiFi even more often.

Does someone else has this problem? Is there any solution to that?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 - 2,4GHz WiFi disappears
2020-12-10 03:43:42

@genuineoleey 

"Only turn off - turn on procedure on 2,4GHz Wi-Fi works and the network starts to be visible and accessible." May I know where did you do this? On the AX6000 web interface?

Have you tried to modify the 2.4Ghz wireless settings, such as choosing a different channel? You may also confirm if the wireless security is WPA2-PSK, AES, if not, change to this and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-10 08:46:24

@Kevin_Z Hi, I can switch it either from web interface or from the app. 

Regarding the wireless settings: I set channel manually because there are few WiFis around so I choose least utilized one. 
The security settings are set to one you mentioned. 

Options
2020-12-10 17:08:19

@genuineoleey

there are many problems since the last update
the 2.4 wifi is regularly out of order without there being a reason for it.
everything already tried automatic channel selection disabled smart connect disabled. Nothing also helps if you use the tuya app and you ask the app to search for smart devices in your network if you want to install something new, for example a WiFi lamp. chrasd the wifi 2.4 and goes down completely. Even I have already received a replacement router from the store and the same problems. There are many complaints about this router, especially the latest firmware, which contains a lot of problems. even a beta firmware does the router the same wifi is already off as soon as you reboot the router and does not come online anymore while it is enabled. Then you first have to switch it off and on again, then the 2.4 wifi will come online again. The problem with the tuya app is also still in the beta firmware. And my smart home devices like google home hub and nest all have problems with the router connection from 2.4
hope a working solution soon as various emails are not responded to from tp link. I have already sent several logs that were requested and as a thank you you will not hear anything anymore. Am very disappointed as a user

Options
2020-12-10 18:27:55

@TobyBoy Well, first of all the routers with WiFi6 and OFDMA are a novelty ritght now and I was expecting a little bit of unstability but as soon as we - the users - will let the manufacturer know about the issues, they will fix it with update. To help you with the problem I can suggest trying what I did - I've set the 2,4GHz wifi to work only with b/g/n standard. The 5GHz network is left with b/g/n/ax so new devices can use the new ax standard. As for now, my smart lock, which was disappearing every few hours, is now visible all the time.

Options
2020-12-11 02:15:40

@TobyBoy 

Sorry to hear that you experienced lots of issues with the AX6000, while our engineers are working actively with the R&D as well as you, they have provided some beta or suggestions as per the issue you described, as I can see that they are still communicating the issue with you via email, so we hope you could check the suggestions provided by the engineers, which may help with the issue you reported, thanks very much.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-11 03:12:32

@genuineoleey 

Hi, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2020-12-11 14:58:13

@Kevin_Z 

hello kevin

the last email that i have received is from 30-11-2020 after that nothing

no answers on my last email nothing

Options
2020-12-16 02:26:46

@TobyBoy 

Hi, it seems there might be something wrong with the email communication, as confirmed with the engineers, they contacted you with the latest follow-up on 2020-12-10, can you check with the junk mail folder? We will ask them to contact you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1011

Replies: 8

Related Articles