Archer ax3000 2.4ghz not broadcasting, not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-09 19:29:05
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563

I bought a new Archer ax3000, and after installing and configuring it, the 2.4ghz quit working after a couple of minutes.  the 5ghz works ok, not as strong a signal as my lesser, previous router, or as fast, but it works.  Both led lights are on for the two wireless signals on the front of the router, I can stop the broadcasting in the configuration utility for the 2.4ghz and the corresponding led turns off, and turns back on when I reenable the 2.4ghz, but it does not show up, or be connectable in any way.  I have tried setting different channels, hiding, unhiding, resetting router to the factory defaults, both in the firmware, and the reset button on the back of the router, rebooted the router with both the software, and the hardware button, turned off and on the wireless with the button, changed the router ip address (which should have no effect on the broadcast), all to no avail, still no 2.4ghz.  

So, anyone have a solution?  My home has smart switches that only use the 2.4ghz.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer ax3000 2.4ghz not broadcasting, not working
2021-01-09 19:56:49

@Boyce 

Try these wi-fi settings:

If you still can't see the 2.4 GHz band, try setting Wireless Mode as follows:

If you can see the 2.4GHz band after this change that means you have to update you computer wireless drivers to the latest available.

AX standard involves 2.4 GHz band as well as 5 GHz.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-09 20:15:45 - last edited 2021-01-09 20:16:55

@Ivaylo 

Thanks for the quick response, I tried both settings you showed in your graphics, saved the settings and rebooted between each, and the 2.4ghz still does not show up to connect to it.

Any more suggestions I should try?  It is not just my laptop that cannot see it, not my android phone, or my wife's apple, or the wall switches I need it for can see it and connect to it.

Options
2021-01-09 20:48:06 - last edited 2021-01-09 22:48:14

You wrote that you were able to see the 2.4 GHz band SSID briefly after turning on the router initially. After everything you've done so far and still can't see the 2.4 GHz SSID I would suggest that the router is defective. Contact your local support to be advised on that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1918

Replies: 3

Related Articles