Wired Device Disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 21:57:55
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247

I have several wired devices that disconnect from the network frequently.  Using the Connection Alerts-->Known Device Alerts for both Online and Offline, I'll get an alert that a device is offline and then within seconds another alert that the device has joined the network.  For one or two devices, it may be minutes before the join message.  One of them can require user intervetion for it to rejoin, which is a huge hassle then.

With my prior router and the same toplology, this was never an issue.  The prior router had poor WiFI, which is why I replaced it wtih the X60 and the WiFi has been great.  But, dropped wired connections are driving me nuts.

Topology:

Main X60-->Netgear GS208 Switch One

Netgear GS208 Switch One-->Actiontec ECB6250S02 MoCA adapter-->Moca Devices

Netgear GS208 Switch One-->Netgear GS208 Switch Two-->Synology NAS and two Windows PC

Switch One and Two are in different rooms with a wire between them.

The MoCa infrastructure has 4 devices from TiVo on it.  One of them will disconnect and reconnect seconds apart, freqeuntly.  Anther one will disconnect and require user intervetion to reconnect after frequenct disconnects.   COAX infrastrure was replaced in case of a physical problem.  But, after powering off the X60 and back on, the device being disconnected switched to a diffent TiVo.  The one that doesn't require user action shows no signs that it disconnected and reconnected, just the Deco notification. The one that requires user action stops working until the action is taken, which is very disruptive.  It can happen multiple times in minutes while in use.

The Synology NAS will frequently disconnect and immediatley reconect.  Use of it doesn't appear to be impacted, just the notification.

One, but not the other, of the Windows PC on Switch Two will disconnect and requires user interaction to reconnect.

I have alerts set for both Windows PC, all the TiVo devices, and additional devices on Switch One.  So, there's devices with the same connection in the same spot that do not generate alerts at the same time others do.

Any suggestions on what to look for?  I cannot think of any reason for any of the wired devices to disconnect.  Espeically while they are in use.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wired Device Disconnected
2021-01-19 18:20:41

I switched the notification from Push to Email, to avoid all the push notification disruption and get a history.

In 4 days, I've had over 100 emails about device disconnected, immediately followed by another email about device connected.  These are all wired devices, the same 2 or 3 devices.  Frequently they come in pairs as 2 devices disconnted and then connect.  Sometimes it's just 1 of them.

For 2 of the devices, there doesn't appear to be any impact at the device, it keeps working normally.  Perhaps it's just hiding the short outage from the interface.

For at least 1 of the devices, a laptop using a VPN, hardwired ehternet connection, the short drop does not automatically reconnect.  This makes the machine unreachable until it's manually fixed, causing issues.

Becaus they're all wired and stationary, none of them should ever disconnect.  What's wrong with the Deco X60 and how should it be fixed?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 1

Related Articles