I need a new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I need a new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
I need a new router
I need a new router
2021-01-25 01:10:26
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Beta

I need a suggestion.  I have about 40 devices connected to my 2.4ghz wireless router and this seems to be causing a major functionality issue with my router.  It causes the whole router to slow then not function.  Problem is Alexa is connected to this and it goes bonkers when internet drops.  

I stream TV to my house and I need the bandwidth.  The drama this current router is causing me is not worth it.  So what do I need? 

I have 1GB coming in to the house and 40MB going out.  I also have stove, Microwave, washer/dryer, dishwasher and about 25 bulbs connected to 2.4ghz.  All my tvs stream on 5ghz and 7 alexa devices maybe 10..

Options
6 Reply
Re:I need a new router
2021-01-25 23:13:42

@Wheels 

Maybe it's worth considering the Wi-Fi 6 line up of devices (AX6000 and above). With that much of wireless clients in your home, you may even consider a DECO system - more scalability when needed. There is a configurator that you can try, to help you select the best fit for your needs or you can just browse the specifications and choose yourself.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-25 23:18:48

@Ivaylo 

This does not offer me my wired support.  I have zero coverage issues in my home.  I live in a stick built house and have no issues with my routers in the basement and signal issues on my 2nd floor.  

Options
2021-01-25 23:30:44

@Wheels 

You can go for a Wi-Fi router of your choice then.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-25 23:32:57

@Ivaylo 

I ordered the AX6000 TP-Link.

I'll use my current router as a Access port for guest wifi.  

Options
2021-01-25 23:34:48 - last edited 2021-01-26 00:53:42

@Wheels 

Sounds good. Just for the record - you can have your wired support via ethernet backhaul.

Options
2021-01-26 01:58:46
Give ax90(ax6600) a try, it is triband with strong CPU and big memory, could handle many devices base on this hardware spec
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 6

Related Articles