Error 9805 cant see or connect to 2.4Ghz?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 13:07:40
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.5.0.0.9.1

so got my new router this morning, pugged everything in, went throught the set up, everything was fine, but the an error 9805 popped up, so clicked close on it and finished the set up. the 5Ghz is working fine but the 2.4Ghz is no where to be seen? ive updated the firmware, rebooted, hard reset and still get the same error. im suspecting a hardwear issue...but how can that be seeing as its brand new? please help some body!!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Error 9805 cant see or connect to 2.4Ghz?
2021-02-09 01:34:42

@Taky34 

Surprised to see the same error on a new router. What model did you purchase?

I have a AC3150 that I purchased in 2018 and have seen the same problem several times. Something to do with voltage and grounding. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/159271?replyId=560694

If you can return the TP-Link and get a refund then I'd say it's the best option.

I pulled out a old LINKSYS router and getting more juice out of it's 5Ghz (300 Mbps) and almost threw away the TP-Link Router since I only got 173 Mbps on it's 2.4 Ghz band.

I'm not getting 5Ghz at all to turn ON and that's when I see the error.

TP-Link Support couldn't solve the problem I was noticing and after several emails they told me I was out of the 2-year limited warranty and offered a 10 - to 15 % on their refurbished routers :-) . Newer ones with Wifi 6 are cheaper at walmart or Amazon hahahaha

If you are under warranty try to contact TP-Link support and get a replacement (new item, not rejumblished :-)

Good Luck

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 1

Related Articles