Archer C6 v2 Wi-Fi 5 GHz channel width issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-08 11:08:14 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:02:42
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

Hi,

my Archer C6 is set to 40 MHz channel width in the 5 GHz Wi-Fi settings to avoid interference with neighbor Wi-Fis. I have noticed that from time to time it starts to use 80 MHz, although the configuration still shows 40. When this happens the quality of the Wi-Fi connection drops significantly. While the connected devices show full radio signal, the data transmission performance shows significant problems. In this case I can only change back to 40 MHz if I set first 20 MHz and then set 40 again. Enabling and disabling the wireless radio does not solve the problem either as the router starts to use the 80 MHz channel again, with the configuration still being set to 40. Is this a know issue?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 v2 Wi-Fi 5 GHz channel width issue-Solution
2022-02-16 09:02:35 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:02:42

Hello @BPeter, sine you have fixed the issue temporarily by installing beta firmware on the router, I will mark this thread as solved by tagging it with the "Recommended Solution".

For others who experience a similar issue, please get the beta firmware we provided here in the following thread, there will be an official version soon in the future:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271574

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 Wi-Fi 5 GHz channel width issue-Solution
2022-02-16 09:02:35 - last edited 2022-02-16 09:02:42

Hello @BPeter, sine you have fixed the issue temporarily by installing beta firmware on the router, I will mark this thread as solved by tagging it with the "Recommended Solution".

For others who experience a similar issue, please get the beta firmware we provided here in the following thread, there will be an official version soon in the future:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/271574

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options