NAT loopback/hairpinning on the TP-LINK Archer AX50?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-24 13:30:17
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone!

I am looking for a new router with the following specifications:

• VLAN
  • Loopback/hairpinning
  • Wifi6

We have 20 wireless connections and 6 wired. We love to play games and also stream 4K.

Now we have found the Archer AX50. It has VLAN and WIFI 6. Does anyone know if this router also has Loopback / hairpinning?
If this router doesn't have that, which one do you recommend to us?  Our budget is around 100 euro's.

Thanks in advance! :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:NAT loopback/hairpinning on the TP-LINK Archer AX50?
2021-02-27 17:42:09

@Dexterd 

I called customer service. They don't know which router has 'Nat loopback'. Anyway, decided to go for a different brand where they understand their own products.

Options
Re:NAT loopback/hairpinning on the TP-LINK Archer AX50?
2021-02-27 18:31:25

@Dexterd 

A bit too late, but in case you are still interested to know, I've just tried it on my AX50 and it does NAT loopback/hairpinning by default.

In the AX50 I set up a port forwarding rule to the IP address of a Wi-Fi power socket connected to my network and then I was able to connect to that power socket from another client device within my network via my public internet address.

Options