WIFI devices not reconnecting after disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 04:40:39
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: V5_200915

Dears,

I had connected archer c20 as repeater with Etisalat TP link root router. Connection is working well but if we go out the home and come back it is showing connected with no internet. I had connected my pc also through lan on the same archer c20 which is working perfectly well even after shutdown. Please somebody advise to configure it correctly.

Regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:WIFI devices not reconnecting after disconnecting
2021-03-29 08:24:38

@MithinXavier 

May I know the model number of the main/root router? Is it also TP-Link?

How about those devices connected to the main router, will it connect automatically when leaving and getting back? 

Ensure the firmware on both the main and the C20 are up-to-date.

Please confirm if you can still get a correct IP address from the network when getting back. If yes, try to ping the gateway, and show us the ping results.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-29 18:29:02

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your valuable reply,

The problem is i don't have any physical access to the main AP since i took this connection on sharing basis from my neighbor and he give me the password to access WIFI. But from the MAC address which i got from the network analysis brand is something like DWnet Technologies(Suzhou) Corporation (7C:8F:DE:2D:D3:00). I had tried connecting my mobile devices with main router WIFI which is working perfectly without any problem.

Im not aware how to get the ip address and ping the gateway from mobile. Please advise so that i can share that result also.

Options
2021-03-30 10:13:10

@MithinXavier 

I see. You can check this guide below to find the IP address on the mobile when it is connected to the C20 network while there is no internet:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/find-ip-address-mobile-smartphone/

How to ping on an Android, check this:

https://itstillworks.com/ping-website-android-phone-34426.html

You can search online for the instructions if yours is an iPhone.

Back to the no internet access issue when coming back home, I think you can easily reproduce the issue by disabling the Wi-Fi connection on the phone then re-enabling it, please give that a try, check if the issue persists every time when disabling then enabling.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options