Disabling access to the internet but leaving access from the home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-26 13:23:30
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hello,

Recently I have been targeted by Qlocker ransomware attack and decided to leave NAS only as a local network storage. I would like to know where (or if) I can disable access to the internet to that NAS on the router and leave local network accessibility? Thanks for any feedback.

Options
4 Reply
Re: Disabling access to the internet but leaving access from the home network
2021-04-26 16:59:30

@gigit 

You can restrict internet acces of a specific device from your LAN using parental control feature.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-26 17:20:32

@terziyski 

Hey. Well I thought about that but it seems that in Parental Control I have to put at least 1 hour when it can connect to the internet. In the attached file you can see error information. Any other ideas?

File:
router parental control.bmpDownload
Options
2021-04-26 20:49:50

@gigit 

Have you tried the Access Control to achieve that. Give it a go and see if it helps.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-27 06:10:45

@gigit  How about you set a static IP address on the NAS, but leave the gateway blank, will that match your requirement?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 4

Related Articles