Doesn't recognize PPPoE as provider suggests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-10 14:52:08
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

I called the ISP customer service to help me with the set up and while initially it was working with the dynamic ip(autodetect) but  IPV6 didnt work, when i followed ISP's guidelines and set it up with PPPoE connection type througth the quick set up, I got a message "oops connection error" or something similar. ISP said that it should work and it's an error from router's side. Any help please ?

IPS: forthnet.gr

Options
3 Reply
Re:Doesn't recognize PPPoE as provider suggests
2021-05-11 08:21:00

@silverson 

Hi, all the internet parameters should be provided by your ISP, whether it is Dynamic or PPPoE, so please confirm with them to verify this again.

Generally, if you have internet access when using Dynamic IP, that should be the correct connection type. If the IPv6 is not working, then check if your ISP provides the IPv6 setting parameters, then configure it by referring to this guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1525/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-05-11 17:06:35

@Kevin_Z 

The internet parameters provided by ISP didnt work. What only works is what the router autodetects. The ISP are certain that the connection type they offer to me is PPoE but the router diagrees. I have already asked for a replacement but the new one does exactly the same. ISP suggested to take the matter into TPLINK customer service. 

Options
2021-05-12 01:12:34

@silverson 

If the ISP does provide PPPoE connection, we can test if that is actually working by dialing up on the computer directly. Please connect the ISP modem or line to one of your computer directly, then create a PPPoE connection on it.

For Windows 8&10: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

For Mac: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/285/

If the internet is working fine on the computer, that proves your ISP provided the correct info. Otherwise, you will need to contact them again for either the correct connection type or correct username/password for the internet.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options