Some devices have internet access and some don't (AC4000 router)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-11 02:30:35
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Having a weird issue with my AC4000 router. It's been working fine since I first installed it several months ago but then yesterday I started having internet connectivity issues with various devices. All devices are still able to connect to the router fine but random devices have no internet connection. There doesn't seem to be any logical or consistent pattern as to which devices don't have internet. I've tried power cycling and rebooting the modem multiple times and sometimes some devices work fine and others don't, and then I'll reset the router again and the devices that wouldn't work previously now connect to the internet fine and devices that were fine before now won't connect. For example, my phone will always connect to the router without issue but it won't have internet. I'll reset the router and then my phone will have internet but then my wife's phone which was previously fine now won't have internet. It's also happening with various Google devices and laptops. 

I haven't added any new devices recently or made any changes to the router settings since it was installed. The firmware is updated to the current version. I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix this issue or if anyone has experienced this before. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Some devices have internet access and some don't (AC4000 router)
2021-05-11 11:59:36

@Routertrouble 

When those devices show connected but actually cannot access the internet, were they still getting a correct IP address from the router? If they are still obtaining IP address successfully, try to do a ping test, ping the router gateway first, then ping google.com, show us the results. If you can ping the router gateway but cannot ping google.com, try to change the DNS server on the router to something else, such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router to confirm.

How to do ping test? You can check this: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/.

You can also check the DHCP release time on the router, open login page go to Advanced>>Network>>DHCP Server, try to change the Address Lease Time to 90 minutes, then save.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Some devices have internet access and some don't (AC4000 router)
2021-05-12 02:23:19

@Kevin_Z 

All devices are getting a correct IP as far as I can tell. My laptop currently shows connected to wifi but with no internet. I tried pinging the router but get host unreachable error. I tried both of your suggestions but still not working

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2509

Replies: 2

Related Articles